Retro Campers Norfolk hire the vehicle to you subject to the rental agreement which includes the following terms and conditions.
Definition of terms
refers to the vehicle noted on the hirer endorsement form.
‘i’ ‘me’ ‘my’ ‘hirer’ ‘customer’ ‘you’
refers to the name who has completed the hirer endorsement form and signed this rental aggrement.
‘Retro Campers Norfolk’
refers to the owner, Hannah Holbrook, Unit 6 Weybourne, Rd Ind. Est, Sheringham, Norfolk, NR26 8AF.
refers to the dates of hire on the hirer endorsement form.
refers to the security deposit detailed below.
The reservation is only confirmed when a non- refundable deposit has been received and Retro Campers Norfolk have confirmed in writing. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation, please see below for more details. A confirmation of booking and a final invoice will be emailed to you. The balance is to be paid 5 weeks before the commence of the hire period. If the booking is made within the 5 weeks prior to the commence of the rental period than the full amount of the payment is required when booking. Please note payments that are overdue by 5 days will incur a £25 additional charge.
The hire rate quoted includes fully comprehensive insurance (as seen below) and 24 hour nationwide breakdown cover. The UK hire does not cover Northern Ireland, Jersey or Guernsey, therefore the hirer will be liable for recovery and transport of themselves and the hire the vehicle in the event of a break down and any additional fees incurred if the hirer fails to inform Retro Campers Norfolk of their intent to travel outside of England, Scotland and Wales.
Retro Campers Norfolk requires you to remain in Norfolk and Suffolk. If you would like to go further afield please contact us to discuss at least 5 weeks before your collection date. If this is possible we will then provide confirmation in writing. Please do not book a long distance trip without discussing and having confirmation in writing prior. If our trackers show that you have left Norfolk and Suffolk during your hire, you will lose your security deposit.
Insurance: Hirer Drive Endorsement
The hirer will provide a valid driver’s license, additional photo ID ie passport as well as a two recent utility bills (issued 60 days prior to collection) for proof of address. Please note that all names and addresses on the drivers license and utilities should match.
The hirer understands that it is their responsibility to provide the correct paperwork, failure to do so will result in forfeit of the hire and all monies paid.
Due to Government changes regarding driving licenses the hirer will provide the following, to allow and grant access to Retro Campers Norfolk to check driving endorsements;
- Drivers License Number
- Check code generated via https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
You do not need these to book, but please forward onto Retro Campers Norfolk, who will also send out a reminder email prior to campervan collection.
The Insured Vehicle shall not be let out on hire to or be driven by: -
· Hirers under 25 or over 70 years of age unless otherwise agreed by the Insurer.
· Hirers aged 25 or over unless a full driving licence valid in the United Kingdom has been held for 24 months.
· Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed. Parking and not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be ignored. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
· Persons who have any mental or physical defect or infirmity or suffers from fits, diabetes or any heart complaint unless they hold a full UK license.
· Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
· Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
· Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
· Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
· Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
· Foreign Service Personnel other than persons born in the United Kingdom.
The insured vehicle shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed a Hirer’s Proposal Form immediately prior to any hiring.
The Insurer’s form of proposal for Hirer Drive insurance or as otherwise may be specifically agreed shall be completed and signed by each Hirer or other permitted driver. Such proposal shall be forwarded immediately to the Insurers. The proposal must be fully completed by the Hirer or other permitted driver in all respects. In addition to the usual declaration and warranty contained in the proposal, the following declaration shall appear on the proposal, namely: -
· If the statements and particulars in the proposal are in the handwriting of any person other than the Hirer or other permitted driver, such person shall be deemed to have been the Hirer’s or other permitted driver’s agent for the purpose of completing the proposal form.
· The Insured shall be considered as the being the agent for the Hirer or other permitted driver for all purposes in connection with this insurance but under no circumstances shall the Insured be considered as agent for the Insurers.
· The Insured vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward or any other form of profit or remuneration.
· Any return premium for cancellation of this insurance or following any other amendment to this insurance will be allowed only at the discretion of the Insurer.
· Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance
Vehicle and Road Restrictions
a) All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen or concrete roads.
b) I acknowledge that Retro Campers Norfolk reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict Vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the Vehicle to be:
1. Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner
2. Used in a manner which could cause damage.
3. Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by me to Retro Campers Norfolk
4. Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
5. Left with the ignition key in the Vehicle whilst it is unoccupied
6. Left unoccupied without the CD plate removed (where applicable)
7. Left unoccupied with the alarm and immobiliser disabled (where applicable)
8. Damaged by: i) submersion in water, ii) contact with salt water
9. Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
10. To tow any vehicle or trailer
11. Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
12. Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this Agreement
Vehicle Damage & Insurance Cover
I am aware that:
a) The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party;
b) I will have to pay an excess for any damage. The Insurance excess is £500
c) I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I breach any of the terms of this Agreement.
You are advised to take out your own personal effects and travel insurance to cover items not part of the insurance, last minute cancellations etc.
Choice of van
Although we want you to have the van of your choice, we must allow for unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to provide you with a suitable alternative, without notice, upon collection. Should an alternative not be available upon collection, our liability is limited to a full refund of monies received by us. We will not have any other liability to you. All rights are reserved to us to refuse any hire under any circumstance. No refunds are payable on accommodation, or vans not being available where you change, cancel or seek to vary the agreement after departure. We take no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage that you might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
There is a refundable security deposit of £500 needed. Please note £750 for Wild Thing. This can be paid by cleared cheque or bank transfer if arranged in advance.
a) On taking delivery of the Vehicle, I agree to pay the Security Deposit
b) I irrevocably authorise Retro Campers Norfolk to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by me to Retro Camper Norfolk arising out of this Agreement
c) The Security Deposit will be refunded within 7 days once the vehicle is returned in the same condition as it was let out to you, with the interior clean and the vehicle full of fuel. We reserve the right to retain a £50 cleaning fee if the camper van is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
d) Please note that any accidental damage caused whilst the vehicle is on hire will result in a 4 week delay in returning the security deposit.
If on arrival to collect your van, your license is unacceptable due to endorsements or defacement, you will be unable to hire the van and no monies will be returned to you.
I will pay Retro Campers Norfolk:
1. All rental charges
2. The security deposit
3. The nominated cleaning fee of £50 if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
4. The cost of any damage to the Vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the Insurance Policy.
5. All government fees and duties etc.
6. All parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the Vehicle; and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the rental period.
7. Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Retro Campers Norfolk as a result of any breach by me of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
8. The daily rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off the road for accident repairs (demurrage)
9. The cost to recover the Vehicle should it become bogged
Retro Campers Norfolk will charge the following for cancellations;
· More than 28 days notice: Booking Deposit
· 2 weeks prior: 50% total hire charge.
· Less than 2 weeks notice: 100% total hire charge.
Collection and Return
Collection: Hirer to collect from depot. Please allow 1 hour to complete all paperwork and be shown around the camper, including a demonstration on how everything works.
Return: The camper must be returned by the time started on the hirer proposal form and rental agreement. The camper must be returned in a clean and same condition, full of fuel as when it left the depot. If the camper is not in the same condition a cleaning fee of £50 will be charged. Please allow 1 hr to complete the returning process.
Late return: If you know you are running late, we must be informed, as you could be liable for driving uninsured. A full days rental charge will apply for all late returns.
I shall take all responsibility in being financial liable should a traffic offence occur whilst I am the driver and have the vehicle on hire. I understand there will be an admin charge of £50. I will be responsible for all court charges should any occur. This includes, parking tickets, speeding fines etc.
I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including oil checks and tyre pressure during the rental period. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the rental period PROVIDED THAT Retro Campers Norfolk will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if: I produce relevant receipts to show: The tyre is defective and is returned by me to Retro Campers Norfolk for inspection; and The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty. I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol)
If you have any difficulties report these immediately to Retro Campers Norfolk. In the event of breakdown, recovery or repair services will be provided. All our vans have breakdown cover. If you incur any minor repair bills we will give you a refund of up to £50. In the event of a breakdown, a replacement van may be offered but this will be subject to availability. We cannot accept liability for any costs e.g., replacement vehicle costs, travel, accommodation, arising from accident, breakdown or any other cause. Retro Campers Norfolk will refund your hire charge for any days you lose the total use of the vehicle. If you have broken down you must remain at a safe distance from the vehicle until the AA Recovery Vehicle arrives. You may not abandon the vehicle at the roadside if you wish to continue your journey with another form of transport. You must hand over the keys to an AA Recovery Vehicle Driver
If there is damage or breakdown caused by your own actions, you will be liable for the cost of repair/replacement. This could be such things as pushing the engine too hard, or putting diesel in a petrol engine. This list is not exhaustive. You must check the oil and other gauges regularly as advised by Retro Campers Norfolk, refilling as necessary. Your rental agreement form will show the mileage on your vehicle on the day of collection. If you cause damage to the engine through driving too fast (over 60 mph) over too long a period of time and ignoring the warning lights, you will be liable for any repairs required or even the cost of a replacement engine.
Your Responsibility should an accident occur
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the Vehicle, I will notify Retro Campers Norfolk within 24 hours of the event happening. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station; Complete a European accident form as supplied; Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer; Assist Retro Campers Norfolk in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence. I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due to me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and to at the completion of the rental period.
Retro Campers Norfolk is not responsible for any damage in connection with any accident or breakdown caused by you, nor are we responsible for any loss from the van. Our insurance policy protects us and the authorised driver against legal claims from any other person or for death and personal injury or damage to any other persons property caused by use of the van on the road, on condition that you report all such accidents to us during the rental period or on return of the van (and you are using the rental van within the terms and conditions of the insurance company).
Terminating the agreement
I acknowledge that Retro Campers Norfolk may terminate this Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if:
a) I am in breach of any term of this Agreement
b) I have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
c) The Vehicle appears to be abandoned
d) The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed date or Retro Campers Norfolk reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date;
e) Retro Campers Norfolk considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is endangered. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit.
Release and Indemnity OF Retro Campers Norfolk
Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle, I release Retro Campers Norfolk, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to; Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose; Any loss or damage to any property left in the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or any Retro Campers Norfolk premises or recovered or handled by Retro Campers Norfolk. Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Retro Campers Norfolk, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Retro Campers Norfolk, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
Title to the vehicle
I acknowledge that Retro Campers Norfolk retains the title to the Vehicle and that I possess the goods on hire only as per the hire agreement. I do not have any right to pledge Retro Campers Norfolk credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
I warrant that all information given by me to Retro Campers Norfolk in connection with this Agreement is true.
This Agreement shall be governed by the law of United Kingdom in which these terms and conditions are agreed to either in writing or in person. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, Retro Campers Norfolk reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.
Please sign below to indicate that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of this rental agreement.